Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Am Thankful For...The Real Stuff


I wouldn't feel right about this blog challenge if I didn't list the things in my life that I am truly thankful for. And Day 22, Thanksgiving Day, seems to be the most appropriate day to do this. So all sarcasm aside, here goes...


My family. All of them. My boys, my husband, my mom, my dad, my grandparents, my step-parents, my uncles, my step and half brother, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins, and yes I even have pretty awesome in-laws too.

My friends. The real kind of friends, not the ones from days 16-21. The ones from high school. The ones from college. The ones I've met through my boys. The ones who get me through tough times, listen to me complain about things, hang out on girls nights until the wee hours of the morning, lend a hand without thinking twice. You all know who you are.

The means to put a roof over our head, food on the table, a car in the driveway and still have a little bit to spend on ourselves and others.

A husband who works hard so that I can stay home and raise our children. Who does more than his fair share around the house. Who supports my decisions, no matter how crazy they may seem. Who never judges me when he comes home from work to find piles of laundry, dirty dishes, dusty cabinets, dog hair filled carpets, and me and the kids still in our PJs. Who reads my blog posts if I ask him to, even if it's the last thing he feels like doing. Who (usually) holds back his comments on my nine cartons of ice cream in the freezer.

Health. My health, my husband's health, my parents' health, my boys' health. Sure we all get sick and have our own minor issues. But for the most part my family has been blessed with really awesome health and immune systems.

NICU staff. I've already dedicated an entire post to this one, but I still feel the need to bring it up again. They are the ones who saved my baby's life, and they can't be thanked enough.

My appreciation of music, especially live musical theater. It's a part of who I am, and I am so thankful to have found a joy in life that I am truly passionate about and that just lives in my bones.

Teachers. Especially the ones who have been in my boys' lives so far. They certainly have patience that I don't have.

You. Yes, that's right. I am thankful for the people who read my blog. I started this blog as a way to share my parenting stories and experiences with my close friends and family, but it has grown into much more. I am very thankful to have followers, whether you just started following or have been following since my first post. It makes the time I spend blogging so much more rewarding.

I could go on and on, but I think I've covered the basics. I know there are millions of more things that I am thankful for, and I'm really hoping I'm not leaving something obvious out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment