Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Am Thankful For...Other People's Kids

My kids have gotten into their share of mischief... There was the time Alec took a Sharpie to the brand new couch. Then there was the time that I found Chase hiding under the dining room table with an entire container of sprinkles and an entire container of bacon bits, some already eaten and the rest on the floor.

And I have no doubt that the worst is yet to come. But there are a few things that my boys have never done that make me feel like there just might be hope for them.

Like this:

Or this:

Or this (ok, maybe this one has happened, but it's really not that bad):


Or this:

So today I am thankful for other people's kids (particularly boys) who make me feel better about my own kids. Here's hoping that my boys never write on the dog, always pee on the right pot and never redecorate the family room.

And you thought I was joking about the bacon bits and sprinkles...

*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment