Saturday, November 10, 2012

I Am Thankful For...My Oldest Child


Long before Alec and Chase, came Chad's and my first-born child. She's now 10 years old, and she is by far the best behaved child.

She is the only other girl in the house, and she really does a good job putting up with her brothers.

She's always there for me if I need her, and she can tell when I'm having a bad day.

After the boys go to bed, she likes to snuggle with me on the couch and watch TV.

She never talks back, and she never throws tantrums.

She always lets me go to the bathroom in peace.

She never interrupts me when I'm talking on the phone or talking to Chad.

She loves animal crackers and cheese, but her absolute favorite food is vanilla ice cream.

And today I am thankful for her. I am thankful for Smidgen, our dachshund/rat terrier pup. So three "woofs" for Smidgen -- the oldest child, the best behaved child, the child who lets me pee in peace, and the other girl in the house.


*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment