Friday, November 2, 2012

I Am Thankful For...Frozen Peas


Similar to the grapes from yesterday, peas are one of the vegetables that my boys will gobble up. They are easy to make and go with just about everything...in pasta, with steak, in salads.

But frozen peas are good for another reason. And I am guessing you can figure out what it is.

In addition to being thankful for frozen peas, I am also thankful for a husband who was willing (at least as willing as guys get when it comes to this subject) to use frozen peas when we decided that we didn't want to be outnumbered by children in our house.

Don't get me wrong. We love our kids, and we have a great time with them. But two children is plenty for us. Some days I barely have the energy to keep up with the two of them, so I can't even imagine adding more to the mix.

And since having kids usually means being pregnant, NOT having more kids means that I will never have to be pregnant again, which is just as important.

I was definitely not one of those "glowing" pregnant women. I was more the one cursing all the non-pregnant women of the world, moaning and groaning to anyone who would listen (mostly my husband). Hmmmm... Now that I think about it, maybe that's why Chad was so eager to agree to the frozen peas.

Don't let that smile fool you... All I could think about was "Get this baby OUT of me!"


So thanks to frozen peas, here are five things I will hopefully never have to go through again.

  • Trying to pee into a cup when I can barely stand up anymore, let alone reach a cup around my ginormous belly to hopefully catch enough pee to fill the cup to the line, frequently resulting in pee going everywhere but the cup
  • The evil eyes associated with even a quick glance at a glass of wine, piece of deli meat, or cup of coffee
  • Glucose tests
  • The pregnant woman walk, also known as the hippo waddle, duck tango, constipated cow, etc.
  • The complete inability to sneeze without peeing (where's that cup when you need it?)

So let's hear it for frozen peas! Can I get a snip snip?

*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

4 comments:

  1. Omg you are so fuuny. I had to read this to my husband. Funny funny... Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to tell you this but when you get older there is a liklihood that you might pee when you sneeze. :-)

    Hapoy Saturday Sharefest from another pea lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! I'm grateful my husband joined the V-team as well. It makes all the difference.

    Happy Sharefest. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having just finished what I expect to be my last pregnancy, I totally love this list :)
    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete