Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Am Thankful For...Babies, Bellies, Wind and Fruit Snacks

Sometimes my boys crack me up just by talking to me. Here are two separate conversations I had with each of them today:

(My conversation with Alec this afternoon)
Alec: Mommy, when are you going to have a baby come out of your belly?
Me: Ummmm.
Alec: Will you have a baby come out of your belly soon?
Me: Well, I don't think I will have any more babies come out of my belly.
Alec: Why?
Me: Because there are no more babies in my belly.
Alec: But you could have someone put a baby in your belly.
Me: Do you know what would happen if another baby came out of my belly?
Alec: What?
Me: You would have another brother or sister, like Chase.
Alec: Wow!
Me: Would you like that?
Alec: Yes, I would. But it would have to be a girl because there are already three boys in our house and only two girls.

(My conversation with Chase in the car on the way to pick Alec up from school)
Chase: Mommy? I want to go to Hersheypark sometime.
Me: Ok, we can go there sometime.
Chase: Mommy? How do you blow the wind away?
Me: Well, the wind kind of blows itself away.
Chase: Mommy? I made a turkey at school.
Me: Good job, Sweetie. I can't wait to see it.
Chase: Mommy? I don't like coffee.
Me: I know. You'll probably like it when you're older.
Chase: Mommy? Go to sleep.
Me: I can't sleep now, I'm driving.
Chase: Mommy? Can I have fruit snacks?
Me: You can have some for a snack later.
Chase: Mommy? Pirates say "Arrr."

So today I am thankful for babies, bellies, wind and fruit snacks for providing very entertaining conversation topics for my children.

*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment