I love my boys now, and I loved them when they were babies. But the first two years of their lives were not my favorite times. Here are some things I don't miss about when my boys were under the age of two:
- The "let me see how many times mom will pick up this toy when I throw it on the ground" game
- A crying hungry baby
- A crying tired baby
- A crying teething baby
- A crying wet baby
- A crying mommy due to 10 hours of listening to a crying baby
- Sweet potato spit-up
- Feeling the need to have my entire house bubble-wrapped to prevent injuries to my wobbly child
- The need to relocate every object in the house that is less than two inches in size to a high spot
- The need to relocate every stool in the house so that the wobbly child will not attempt to reach the small objects that were moved up high
- Did I mention teething?
So three cheers for the terrible twos! I'll take them any day over teething.
*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.