Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Am Thankful For...Frosty the Elf

Frosty is the name that Alec gave to our Elf on the Shelf, and for most of the holiday season last year, Frosty was known as "Frosty the Elk." Fortunately Alec now knows the difference between a little person who helps Santa and an antlered mammal.

After Frosty made his appearance this morning, my boys have been nothing short of angelic. I only saw one quick brotherly shove, which Alec quickly realized he shouldn't have done and promptly showered his brother with kisses.

I know I'm the parent and I'm the one responsible for teaching my child to behave. But it's sure nice to have some assistance from one of Santa's helpers. I mean, Alec may have shoved Chase, but at least he knew he did something wrong... That should count for something, right?

Frosty's novelty will eventually wear off as Christmas gets closer, but for today I am thankful for this happy little rosy-cheeked Christmas miracle.


*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment