Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Am Thankful For...Grapes


Grapes are great. Both of my boys gobble them up like they haven't eaten in weeks. In fact, grapes were Chase's first favorite food when he started eating solid foods. They were just about the only healthy food we could get him to eat for a very long time.

There are red grapes, green grapes, purple grapes. There are grapes with seeds and grapes without seeds. Then there are raisins, which are really just dried grapes.

But do you know what the best kind of grape is? The best kind of grape is the kind that has been fermented and comes in a bottle with a cork.

Yes, without grapes we would not have wine. And without wine, I would probably be in a mental institute right now.

So let's hear it for grapes. Red ones, green ones, purple ones, dried ones, and most importantly, bottled ones. Cheers!

Now this is my kind of wine glass.

*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment