Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Am Thankful For...Aunt Suzie

I'm pretty sure it's common for kids to have imaginary friends. I remember having one as a kid. Her name was Cindy.

But Alec has taken a different approach to the imaginary friend. A few months ago, he informed me that he has 100 little kids. So for the past few months I have been listening to stories about his 100 little kids.

I haven't learned all of their names yet, but two of them are "Silly" and "Watermelon." One of them is also named "Mommy," which gets kind of confusing when Alec is talking to her. (Alec: "Mommy?" Me: "Yes, Alec?" Alec: "NO, I wasn't talking to you. I'm talking to my little kids!") Oh boy.

But last night at bedtime, I learned that we have some new additions to the family. In addition to Alec's 100 little kids, we now have a zillion elves in our house. This house is starting to get pretty full.

Alec told me that his favorite elf is "Aunt Suzie" because she puts blueberries on her nose. He also wanted her to sleep with him last night.

I'm not sure whether these elves are permanent additions to our family, or whether they're just here for the holiday season. Either way, today I will be thankful for Aunt Suzie for putting blueberries on her nose and for keeping Alec's creativity flowing.


*In the spirit of Thanksgiving, "I Am Thankful For..." is a blog challenge I have decided to do during the month of November. Each day I will pick one thing that I am thankful for and blog about it. Obviously I am extremely thankful for the many things in my life I am blessed with, such as a wonderful family, my health and my family's health, great friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, and more. But this series is about all the other day-to-day things that I sometimes take for granted and that make life just a little bit better -- you know, the little things. To see a list of all the posts in this series, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment